Curo Money, operates a business facilitating (through a panel of funders) business loans and overdraft alternatives (typically under $250,000) to the small and medium enterprise business community. Curo Money does not provide consumer credit or consumer finance. All loans facilitated by Curo Money are for business purposes only.
Our privacy commitment
Who do we collect personal information from?
Curo Money collects personal information from people who are potential customers (i.e. borrowers), from referrers under our referral program, and from other people who are connected to its operations and activities.
Please note that how we handle the credit and credit eligibility information that we collect is set out in the relevant credit policies from our panel of funding partners.
What is personal information?
Personal information is any information or an opinion, whether true or not, about you that identifies you, or from which you are reasonably identifiable.
How does Curo Money collect my personal information?
When you visit the Curo Money website or apply for a loan, we collect information sent to us by your computer, mobile phone or other access device. The information sent to us includes data on the pages you access, your computer IP address, device identifiers, the type of operating system you are using, your location, mobile network information, standard web log data and other information. Web log data includes the browser type you are using and traffic to and from the site.
When you visit the Curo Money website or engage with Curo Money to apply for a loan, our funding partner also collect information about your transactions and your activities.
In addition, we may collect the following types of information from you:
- contact information, such as your name, address, phone, email and other similar information;
- if you apply for a loan through our referral program, or you accessed our application program from a link provided by a third party broker or intermediary, information about you provided by the referrer, third party broker or intermediary;
- information that you provide to Curo Money in your fact sheet (even if your loan application is ultimately rejected by any affiliate to Curo Money);
For what purpose is my personal information being collected?
The primary purpose for which Curo Money collects personal information is so that it can carry out its business of facilitating loans to small and medium-sized businesses through third party channels.
We may also use your personal information to:
- respond to your enquiries and concerns and resolve disputes;
- customise, measure and improve our loan application process and service and the content, layout and operation of our website and loan application process;
- deliver targeted marketing, service update notices and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- assess your loan application, including by reviewing any previous loan applications you may have made, and the reasons for granting or rejecting those applications;
- notify you of other relevant products and services (including third party products and services) that may be of interest to you;
- follow up on any partially completed loan applications, or check in with you if you have not visited our website in a while (subject to your communication preferences); and
- contact you by email or telephone (by voice call or SMS)
Generally you have no obligation to provide Curo Money with any personal information requested by us. However, if you choose to withhold requested personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the services requested or allow you to participate in marketing activities that depend on the collection of that information.
Third party marketing
From time to time, we participate in data collectives where we share your personal information with other organisations. We may share the information you provide with those data collectives. However, if you do not wish to receive communications from a third party, please contact us at Curo Money at email@example.com
Where we use your personal information to send you marketing and promotional information by post, email or we contact you by telephone, you will be provided with an opportunity to opt-out of receiving such information. If you wish to opt-out, please contact us at Curo Money at firstname.lastname@example.org
Website usage information and cookies
You may decline our cookies if your browser or browser add-on permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of our website and the Curo Money services. You can refer to the ‘help’ section of your browser or installed applications for instructions on blocking, disabling or deleting cookies.
In what situations may I deal with Curo Money anonymously or by pseudonym?
You have the option to deal anonymously or by pseudonym if you contact us by telephone and you merely seek information about our services but you do not wish to apply for a loan. If you wish to seek funding through our panel, you must provide us with the personal information which we require to verify your identity for AML/CTF purposes and to process your loan application.
To whom is my personal information usually disclosed?
In carrying out our business, we may need to disclose your personal information to others, as follows:
- Credit bureaus, credit reporting agencies, and collection agencies: See their relevant credit policies upon request.
- Service providers under contract: who help with our business operations such as fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, direct debit services (for example, Ezidebit) and technology services – where we engage such service providers, our contracts provide that they may only use your personal information in connection with the services they perform for us
- Third party marketing: as stated above, we may provide your contact details to other organisations to contact you with information that may be of interest to you (unless you advise us that you do not want us to)
- Law enforcement, government agencies or other third parties as required by law: when we need to comply with law or credit card rules, or when we believe that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate contraventions of our loan arrangements
- For our marketing and promotional activities, we may provide your personal information temporarily to contractors who perform services on our behalf, such as mailing houses, printers, information technology services providers (including offshore cloud computing service providers), database contractors and teleservice bureaus. Such contractors are subject to privacy and security contractual arrangements.
- Some recipients may be located outside of Australia. The recipients may be located in the U.S, UK, and nations in the EU. Except in some cases where we may rely on an exception under the Privacy Act, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that such overseas recipients do not breach the Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act.
- If you have been referred to Curo Money by a third party under Curo Money’s Commercial Referral Program, or have accessed the Curo Money loan application page through a link provided by a third party, you acknowledge and agree that:
a. the information provided in your loan application is, to the best of your knowledge, complete, accurate and up-to-date; and
b. your personal information (including information about the status of your loan application, any information gathered during the loan assessment process, and any information about any defaults or late payments under any business loan granted to you by Curo Money) may be shared by Curo Money with the third party referrer for the purposes of loan assessment and administering the Commercial Referral Program.
Where is my personal information stored?
Your personal information will be stored on a password-protected electronic database, which may be a Curo Money database, a database maintained by a cloud hosting service provider or other third party database storage or server provider. All such personal information is maintained within the effective control of Curo Money. We have arrangements which require third party service providers to maintain the security of the information and we take reasonable steps to protect the privacy and security of that information.
After this time, we will either de-identify it or destroy it in accordance with privacy law requirements.
Access to your personal information
Curo Money will, upon your request, and subject to applicable privacy laws, provide you with access to your personal information that is held by us. However, we request that you identify, as clearly as possible, the type/s of information requested. We will deal with your request to provide access to your personal information within a reasonable period after the request is made and you agree we may charge you our reasonable costs incurred in supplying you with access to this information.
Your rights to access personal information are not absolute and in certain circumstances, privacy laws dictate that we are not required to grant access such as where access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals, providing access would be unlawful, or access may prejudice commercial negotiations, legal proceedings, enforcement activities or appropriate action being taken in respect of a suspected unlawful activity or serious misconduct. If we refuse your request, we will notify you in writing of our reasons (unless it would be unreasonable to do so) and explain how you can take the matter further if you are not satisfied with our response.
Updating your personal information
You may ask us to update or correct the personal information we hold about you at any time. We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making any corrections to your information. We will deal with your request to update or correct your personal information within a reasonable period after the request is made. We also have obligations to take reasonable steps to correct personal information we hold when we are satisfied that it is inaccurate, out- of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading for the purpose for which it is held.
If you require access to, or wish to update your personal information, please contact us at Curo Money at email@example.com
Problems or queries